I brought these to a Christmas party and they were a huge hit!
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
Bake until the cake tests done
1 box Pillsbury Moist Supreme: Classic White Mix
1 c. sour cream
1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
5 egg whites eggs or 3 whole eggs
2 pints rasberries
1 tsp salt
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients and stir together with whisk
2. Add all other ingredients and beat until well combined. About 2 minutes
3. Pour into floured cake pans or cupcake liners. I made cupcakes! You can also line your cake pans with parchment paper for easy removal. It makes around 24 cupcakes or 2 8 inch cake pans
4. Bake until cake tests done and allow cake or cupcakes to cool to room temp before adding frosting
1 c. room temperature butter (2 sticks)
3-4 c. of confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp. of salt
1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
3-4 tbsp. of milk
1. Whip butter for 8-10 minutes until light and fluffy
2. Add 2 c. sifted confectioners sugar until incorporated
3. Add Vanilla, Milk, and Salt and mix on high
4. Continue to add confectioners sugar until desired consistency
I used the Wilton tip 2110 for the cupcakes and Wilton tip 20 for the snowflake cutouts.
Cutout Recipe: One of the best I have tried!
I cut the recipe in half, but here is the full recipe,
1 c. softened butter
1 c. confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 to 1 tsp almond extract
2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well
Divide into 5 equal parts and refrigerate for 1 hour
Roll out on flat floured surface and do desired cutout shapes
Carefully place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
Bake medium and large snowflakes at 375° for 6-1/2 to 7 minutes and small snowflakes for 5-6 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
These cupcakes are so beautiful and so delicious!